Special Educational Needs and Disability
Our designated SENCo is Mr. Reid.
Welcome to Kingsfold Primary School. In this section of our website you will find all of our key SEND documents (at the bottom of this page). A good starting point would be our latest ‘SEND Information Report’ which will hopefully sum up the journey our SENCo team have been on over the last twelve months and hopefully answer many of your questions regarding our SEND provision. It also includes our latest data. We are still relatively new to post and have been implementing lots of fresh ideas for Kingsfold! At our school we strive to create a sense of community and belonging for all our pupils. We have an inclusive ethos with high expectations and suitable targets, a broad and balanced curriculum for all children and systems for early identification of barriers to learning and participation. We also value input from parents and children alike and try really hard to implement any suggestions made. We feel that we have made great strides recently in this area.
View from Ofsted (23RD March, 2017):
• The school has a very good provision to support pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities. A complete review of the special educational needs provision has led to robust systems being put in place to monitor the individual needs of pupils. This has resulted in a marked improvement in levels of attainment and progress.
• In particular, the improved leadership of provision for pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities means that pupils are more effectively monitored and supported to make good progress.
• The pupils I spoke to told me that they feel safe in school. They were adamant that everybody would be welcome in their school.
• Leadership and management of SEND is strong.
• Monitoring appears to be in place and areas identified for improvement.
• Involvement from parents and children continues to improve.
• Website and documentation are up to date – SEND Information Report is thorough and comprehensive
• Transition provision appears to be strong and successful.
• All statutory obligations fulfilled.
• SEND Register in place and reviewed regularly.
• Needs analysis is effective.
• Provision for children with SEND appears to be well planned and delivered well.
• Provision is monitored effectively and next steps identified for action.
• Tracking and monitoring of data seems to be strong
• Case studies are thorough
• Regularly reports to governors
LANCASHIRE LOCAL OFFER:
To read our SEND Policy, Accessibility Plan Policy, SEND Information Report and SEND Parental booklets please click the link below: