Equality AT KINGSFOLD
At Kingsfold Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which promotes respect for all.
At Kingsfold Primary School, we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
There are a number of statutory duties that must be met by every school in line with legislation from the Race Relations Act (2000), Disability Equality Duty (2005) and Equality Act (2010).
Kingsfold Community Primary School is committed to meeting its public sector duties and acknowledges that we have a statutory duty to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Promote equality of access and opportunity within our school and within our wider community.
- Promote positive attitudes to difference and good relationships between people with different backgrounds, genders, cultures, faiths, abilities and ethnic origins.
Equality objectives 2021-2025
1. Ensure equality and diversity are promoted across the curriculum.
2. Ensure equality of opportunity with extra-curricular and enrichment activities for pupils with all protected characteristics.
3. Foster a nurturing environment that develops good relationships between people with different protected characteristics.
4. Tackle prejudice by educating pupils on diversity.
5. To narrow the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and other pupils nationally.
Equality in Admissions and Exclusions
Our admissions arrangements are fair and transparent and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, religion, belief, disability and/or socio-economic background.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
All staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law. We are keen to ensure that the staffing of the school reflects the diversity of our community.
Equal Opportunities for governors
All governor appointments are made on the basis of ability and with the needs of the school at the heart. We are keen to ensure that the governance of the school reflects the diversity of our community.
equality & diversity for children
Equality and diversity assembly 21.2.2022
Thank you to our anti-bullying ambassadors for planning and delivering an assembly around equality and diversity.