THE SCHOOL MOTTO
'Pride in all we do'
THE AIMS OF OUR SCHOOL
We wish our school to be one where:
- Imagination is at the heart of the education and teaching.
- Each child is helped and guided to reach his/her full potential.
- Each child is highly valued and given the help, time and resources they need.
- Staff and children are loved and praised.
- Staff and children are encouraged to develop and move on when ready.
- All are listened to.
- The Curriculum is broad, balanced and relevant and is in accordance with the National Curriculum requirements.
- Relationships between staff and parents is one of trust.
- The environment is safe for all.
- Children and staff share their troubles, worries, hopes and successes.
- There are opportunities for all our children to exercise responsibility within the school community.
- A range of sporting activities are offered to provide children with enjoyment and help them to develop their physical well-being.
OUR SCHOOL CURRICULUM INTENT
Our school curriculum is organised and structured in to cross-curricular topics which cover all aspects of the National Curriculum (2014). The subjects to be taught in FS, Key Stage 1 and 2 at Kingsfold Primary School are varied thus offering the children a broad and balanced curriculum with many opportunities to embed skills and knowledge.
We encourage our children to;
- Be inquisitive
- Be challenged
- Be resilient
We base our curriculum on the requirements of the National Curriculum; however we do not allow this to limit us. Our school curriculum evolves and changes to meet the needs of our children and to reflect both the school community and the community our children come from.
We will always meet statutory coverage, however our themes and topics will change as our community and the community we serve changes. We encourage staff to have flexibility to meet the wider aims of our curriculum along with promoting our Core British Values (Democracy, The rule of law, Individual liberty, Mutual respect and Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs).