Family Support & EARLY HELP
Early help refers to the offer of any information, advice or support to children, young people and their families as soon as possible in their lives, or when issues emerge, to help prevent problems from escalating.
At Kingsfold, we have a full time Family Support Worker called Jade. Jade’s role includes providing early help to children and their families.
Jade can provide support and advice to children and their families in our school community. She can help with any issues that you may have in relation to your child’s education, well-being and behaviour but I am also available if you would just like to have a chat.
Jade can help children in our school by;
- Promoting their self-esteem and confidence
- Helping to improve their attendance at school
- Promoting positive behaviour
- Supporting friendships
Jade can help families by;
- Providing information and signposting to relevant agencies
- Completing referrals to relevant agencies
- Supporting with any paperwork and forms
- Addressing any barriers to attendance
- Providing emotional support
Our Early Help Offer at Kingsfold
- Parent/carer appointments – these can be face to face or over the phone. Appointments are available in the mornings or after 3.15pm.
- Emotional support for children – 1:1 sessions in school with Jade which could be a single session or a planned programme. Consent from parent/carers and the child is needed for these.
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF) – A CAF assessment involves listening to parents/carers and the child/ren, to find out what is working well and what support may be needed. A plan is formulated in conjunction with the child and family, in order for professionals to work together and provide a package of support.
- Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings or Multi-Agency Meetings (if no CAF open) – after a CAF is completed, regular TAF meetings will be held with the family and other professionals to monitor the progress of support and to ensure the family are fully informed.
- Referrals and signposting to outside agencies – for example, Child and Family Wellbeing Service, Children’s Social Care, CAMHS, Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapy, Play therapy/counselling, Special Educational Needs support services etc.
Jade is in school full-time and you can contact her by ringing the school office on 01772 743531 or sending her an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will always get back to you as quickly as she can, however during busy times this may take longer.
Advice and support provided to families by Jade is confidential, however, any safeguarding concerns will be managed in accordance with our school’s safeguarding policy. A copy of this is available on our website.
If you are experiencing a safeguarding emergency, please call Children’s or Adult Social Care 0300 1236720, or contact the police on 999.